Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Unity Day 9 (Space Shooter Project)

What I Did:

     Today I will be finishing off the last tutorial I left of on, first I will be adding the Rim light by duplicating the fill light and renaming it to the rim light. I then readjusted its position to hit the ship from behind and slightly underneath. I then created an empty game Object, and dragged all the lights into it to help organize the the hierarchy. I moved the empty game object 100 units up so the lights where out of the way.

     Moving on to the next tutorial I'll be adding a background. I created a quad object and dragged the nebula texture onto it from the texture folder. I then re scaled it to properly fit the screen being 15 by 30 units large so it did not distort the image either. I then changed the shader to be unlit so it wasn't effect by the lighting system created for the ship. I also lowered the background by 10 units so it wouldn't be clipping into the ships model.


What I learned:

     I learned how to drag custom textures onto objects and how to use shader to manipulate the lighting even more.

What I'm Doing Next Day:

     I will be adding code to a script that will make the player ship move.

No comments:

Post a Comment