Thursday, September 10, 2015

Unity Day 1 (Roll a ball project)

What I Did:
   
     This class i created a new 3D project called role a ball. I followed the first part of the tutorial (after the introduction part) on unity3d.com called getting started.  To start it off I created a plane as my ground, then under the scenes gizmos section I turned the grid off. I changed the scale of the ground by changing the x and z axis from 1 to 2 the y value will typically be 1 in unity. I created a sphere as the player and adjusted the y value from 1 to .5 so that it rests just above the ground. I adjusted the lighting of the scene to make it easier, finishing the first part of the tutorial.

What I Learned:
    
     I learned how to add new 3D objects into unity and how to reset their positions to the center. I also learned how to add new folders and materials to my assets folder. Along with that i learned how to create and add basic textures to my projects.

What I'm Doing Next Class:

     Next class i will be learning how to move my player or make it movable in game and will be adding my first bits of code.

No comments:

Post a Comment