Thursday, September 17, 2015

Unity Day 6 (Roll a ball project)

What I Did Today:

     I started the class by fixing the error from last class which took longer the i had hoped. The problem was when I added the function countText i didn't say what it was.

Example....
Before:

public countText;

After:

public Text countText;

     Now to finish the tutorial i referenced the count text ui to the player script's count text. It now counts the cubes as they are collected. I created another text and renamed it "Win Text" to display upon collecting all 12 cubes. I did this by using simaler code to the last text except having instead of having it count it displays "you win" when counts value is equal to 12. 


     Moving onto the next and final tutorail I'll be building and deploying the games standalone version. To build the game i pressed shift, control and b to open up the build window. I then selected the platform and the scene i wanted to build, once done i selected build and then chose where i wanted it to save and unity build the game.

What I learned:

     I learned how to create a build to game, and how to display a text based on another variables value.

What I'm Doing Next Class:

     Next Class i will be starting a new unity project.

No comments:

Post a Comment