Monday, September 14, 2015

Unity Day 3 (Roll a ball project)

What I Did:

     Attempted to fix an error with the current game version, where the ball (player) does not move. Error was solved the problem was when i set the speed setting under the player controller script to 10 last day it didn't save. After solving this minor error i moved on to moving the camera following the next tutorial "Moving the Camera". I started by tying it to the player game object. I started this by creating a new script and referencing the player object in the code by "public GameObject player;". Once i finished the simple coding that was required i had to drag the player object into the reference slot on the player code. The camera now follows the game object.



What I Learned:
   
     I learned to check to make sure changes on the unity engine save properly. I also learned how to make game objects child's to other game objects and how to reference other game objects.

What I'm Doing Next Day:

     Next day I will be making the playing area and the pick up objects for the player.

No comments:

Post a Comment