Friday, September 18, 2015

Unity Day 7 (Space Shooter Project)

What I Did:

     Today I am starting on the next tutorial showing how to make a top down space shooter arcade style game. I first had to download and import the assets needed from this project and saved the scene as main. This was essentially all that was part of the first tutorial that wasn't covered in the roll a ball project.

     Now I will be setting up the player game object. I dragged the player_ship model from the imported files into the hierarchy, and gave it a mesh collider to detect collisions. I then added the engine visual effect as a child to the player ship game object.


What I learned:

     I learned how to import external assets like models and special effects into unity.

What I'm Doing Next Day:

     Next day i will be adjusting the lighting and camera in the next tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment