Thursday, December 17, 2015

Unity Day 48 (Tanks Project)

What I Did:

     This day I am creating the game manager to manage the games game play. The first thing I did was created two empty game object and renamed them as spawn points. And then changed their transform to serve as the two spawn points. Then in the hierarchy I created a new canvas UI element. I added a text component to the canvas and resized the text to fill the screen. On the Text component I set the text to "TANKS!". Then I used the circle=select button to change the Font to BowlbyOne-Regular (Supplied in the assets) and changed the Alignment to center and middle. I then enabled best fit and set the Max Size to 60 and also set the colour to white. After I added a shadow component to the text and set the effect colour to brown. I set the effect distance to (-3, -3) to give it a bolder shadow. I created a new empty game object a named it game manager, that attached the game manager script to it. I then populated the references on the script before editing. I also looked at the already completed tank manager script that will be given to any thank that spawns by the game manager.



What I Learned:

     I didn't learn anything new this session that I didn't already know, since I'm setting up for spawning in the tanks.

What I'm Doing Next Class:

      Next class I will be finishing the game manager and mixing the audio so the game sounds smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment