What I Did:
This day I set up the camera, by creating a new empty game object called camera rig. I then dragged the main camera on to it making it a child object of the new empty object. I had the camera rig rotate and the main camera normal rotation, and lifted the main camera up so it was looking down at the game again. I then added an already completed script that was given to me to the camera rig which makes it do everything it was supposed to, which I think was stupid to do and the half hour spent explaining what it does could of been used to create the script. After watching half an hour of explanation on a script that wasn't really that hard to understand I started work on the next tutorial which was making the health for the tank. I started this by creating a new slider game object from the UI section of the hierarchy create. I then Deleted the slider handle as it isn't meant to be interacted with by the player. I then unchecked intractable to make sure it couldn't be played with by a player. After that I resized the entire UI to be fit square around the tank. I then changed its shape to the health wheel sprite that was given with the project.
What I Learned:
I learned how to set up a basic UI object that is in the actual 3D world and is attached to an object such as a player.
What I'm Doing Next Day:
Next Day I will be adding code that will make the health bar change colour as it goes down, and the way it will function.



No comments:
Post a Comment