What I Did:
Today I begun the creation of the tank shells. The first thing I did was go into the models folder and grab the shell model and then drag it into the hierarchy. I then added a capsule collider to it and made sure that the collider was checked as a trigger. I also resized the collider to properly fit the shells shape as best as possible. I then went to get the shell explosion object in the prefabs folder and dragged it onto the shell to make it a child. I also added an audio source component to the shell explosion object. I then began editing the script for the shells. After that I began the shell game object still selected I dragged the child game object called shell explosion onto the explosion particles and explosion audio public variables. I then made the shell game object a prefab.
What I Learned:
I Learned how to make a game object effect another game object with the total effect varying depending on distance and if it's in range.
What I'm Doing Next Day:
Next day I will be making it so that the tank will be able to fire shells.


No comments:
Post a Comment