What I Did:
Today I begun making it so the tank(s) can shoot. The first thing I did was selected the tank and created a new empty game object and named it FireTransform. I then right clicked on the existing canvas attached to the tanks and created a new UI element slider. I deleted the background and Handle Slide Area from the new slider because they will not be needed. I then reselected the aim slider object and unchecked intractable, set the sliders transition to none and changed it's position. After that I multi-selected the aim slider and fill area game object. In the the Rect Tansform components i clicked on anchor presets and made it so the game objects would stretch vertically and horizontally over the canvas. I then changed the art for the slider and applied a new script to the tank which I edited to tell the game how the tank should shoot and under what conditions.
What I Learned:
I learned how to spawn and launch a game object from another game object when certain criteria are met. I also learned how to make a UI element stretched on command.
What I'm Doing Next Class:
Next class I will be creating the game manager that spawns both tanks in and controls how the game should be played.



No comments:
Post a Comment