Friday, November 27, 2015

Unity Day 39 (Survival Shooter Project)

What I Did:

      Today I begun working on the first enemy that will be in the game. The first thing I did was drag and drop the zombunny from the characters folder into the scene view. I then grabbed the fluff particle effect and dropped it onto the zombunny's parent object so the particle would become a child of it. The Particle will be for future use when the enemy is hit by the players shots it will create fluff coming out of the enemy. I then added a rigidbody component and two different colliders to the enemy. I then begun making a mesh navigator which helps ai's traverse areas that have obstacles. To do this I went to window and selected navigation. From the navigation window I selected the bake tab and inputed the setting needed to make the mesh. However when I clicked bake at the bottom which generates the mesh I saw holes in the mesh which is a problem because the enemies wont move through these random holes in the map.



What I Learned:

     I learned what a mesh navigator does and how it can help with ai's navigating areas.

What I'm Doing Next Day:

     Next day I will be figuring out why I'm getting these holes in the mesh and hopefully will finish the first enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment