Monday, November 23, 2015

Unity Day 37 (Survival Shooter Project)

What I Did:

     Today I have returned to unity and began the next tutorial on the survival shooter project. I began by dragging the player model into the hierarchy and reset its transform to make sure its centered. I added an animator in the animations folder and dragged and dropped it on to the player. I opened up the animator and added the 3 animations provided to it. I then added the 2 possible conditions and added transitions between the different animations and gave them the conditions. After doing that I went to the scripts folder and dragged the movement script on to the player. I then opened the script and added the code in the 3rd screen shot below. After I finished and hit play I noticed that the movement animation does not play when I move so it does not transition. I didn't have time today to figure this out, but next day I will find out why this is happening.




What I Learned:

     I learned how to use unities animator and apply the animations to game objects and how to transition between animations when different conditions are met.

What I'm Doing Next Day:

     Next day I will fix the animation issue and begin working on setting up the camera so it follows the player when it moves and so its facing more downward from a higher position.

No comments:

Post a Comment