Today's tutorial that I'll be following is how to count the points earned by the player and then how to display the via a score counter. First thing I did was create a new empty game object and name it Score Text. I then set its transform so the text would display in the top left portion of the screen. After properly positioning the score text I opened the game controller script to make it count upwards. However it didn't know what made it count up so i needed to edit the destroy by contact script. I added a code referencing the Game Controller script, but ran into an error like before. I unfortunately didn't have time to look over and find a solution today.
Destroy By Contact Current Code (Error):
Game Controller Current Script:
What I Learned:
Although I haven't learned anything new today since a lot of this was covered in the roll a ball project, I am in the process of learning how to make the counter infinitely go up as needed.
What I'm Doing Next Day:
Next day I will be fixing this error, finishing the tutorial and moving on to being able to end the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment