Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Unity Day 25 (Space Shooter Project)

What I Did:

     Today I begun by finding out that the project from yesterday did not save! Fortunately the script changes and new script was still there so i must not have saved the scene last time. I was able to fairly quickly redo the work from yesterday but it did cost me half an hour of time. So on shorter time I wasn't able to do as much today as I wanted, but I did finish making the enemy ship. I did this by creating an empty game object and renaming it enemy ship. I then added the enemy ship model and enemy ship engine effect as child objects of the new game object. After doing that I started adding physics to the enemy ship game object with the rigidbody and sphere collider components. I then added the destroy by contact script to it and set the score its worth to 20, filled the player explosion space with the player explosion effect and the explosion space with enemy explosion.


Tutorial Started: 00:34:21
Tutorial Stopped: 00:45:00

What I Learned:

     Nothing new was really learned today since I did essentially what I did to create the asteroid and player ship, I did however learn to check to make sure I saved the scene more carefully.

What I'm Doing Next Day:

     Next day I will be making it so that the enemy ship will shoot and evade.

No comments:

Post a Comment