I begun the tutorial that involved creating the game controller. I started by creating an empty game object and resetting its transform. I then created a new script call GameController. I wrote code that I've already seen before in the other tutorials, however this was telling unity how to spawn the asteroid game object. I did not run into any new things or issues during this tutorial.
Now I started the next tutorial on spawning the waves of asteroids now that unity knows how to spawn them. I Did this by adding to the previous script "GameController" and andding adding a variable that lets be tell it how many asteroids to spawn per wave, then telling it to loop the instantiate code over and over every few seconds to keep each wave separate. After doing that I created another new script to destroy the explosions so they wont get out of control under the hierarchy. I added a variable to let me input how long before the explosion would be destroyed. I input 2 seconds so the explosion effect could run its coarse then delete.
What I Learned;
I learned how to spawn mulitple objects when and how i want/need in a game, I also learned how to have an object be destroyed after a set time.
What I'm Doing Next Day:
Next day I will be adding audio such as the sounds for the explosions, laser fire and background music to add to the games effects.

No comments:
Post a Comment