Friday, October 16, 2015

Unity Day 23 (Space Shooter Project)

What I Did:

    This day I decided to skip building the game since their are tutorials after adding on to the game so I will build it afterwards and deploy it on mobile devices. The next tutorial is 2 hours long and adds much more to this simple game. To start off I created two more asteroid prefabs containing two new asteroid models for the game to spawn. I did this by taking my original asteroid prefab and then switching the model that the object was parenting to the two new ones. I then added them to the prefab folder to turn them into prefabs and deleted them from the scene. After that I opened up the player controller script and changed some of the code to spawn randomly one of the 3 models. However I ran into a problem where I the 3 slots for referencing the prefabs wouldn't show up.



     The problem has something to do with turning the gameobject into an array but why its happening i don't know.

Tutorial Started: 0:00:00
Tutorial Stopped:  0:12:00

What I Learned:

     I Learned how to add an array that will spawn random different objects that are assigned to it.

What I'm Doing Next Day:

     Next day I will try to figure out what is causing this error and move on to whatever is next in line.

No comments:

Post a Comment