What I Did:
This day I was unfortunately met with a problem in the game that prevented me from making much progress today. The error was making my enemy ship completely rotate to the direction it was moving which essentially made it go in reverse towards the player which wasn't acceptable. The problem took a bit of searching but it turned out to be a fairly large error in the mover script and i'm not totally sure how i didn't notice this applying it to the asteroids and bolts, i'm assuming it is because you can't really tell the difference between front and back on them. The problem was that the mover scripts speed variable was a Vector3 rather then a float and that the line...
rig.velocity = transform.forward = speed;
should've been...
rig.velocity = transform.forward * speed;
and i'm assuming that it caused the the way the ship moves to equal the way the ship faces.
What I Learned:
Today I didn't learn a whole lot, but I did learn how to make objects turn and move in that desired direction for future reference since i discovered this on accident.
What I'm Doing Next Day:
Next day I will be doing what I was setting out to do today, sadly I couldn't because of the error I was met with but I will be doing it next day.
No comments:
Post a Comment