Friday, January 8, 2016

Unity Day 51 (Rogue-Like Project)

What I Did:

     Today I started work on my first 2D project which is a Roguelike style of game. To begin with this project I started by creating the animations for the player and both enemy styles. To do this I went to the sprites folder and selected all of the sprite frames that formed one of the needed animations and dragged it onto the empty game object named player. After doing such I was then able to save the animation in the animations folder. After completing all 3 animations for the player I dragged and dropped it into the prefabs folder. I then repeated this for for both of the enemies. Then I created the tile prefabs for the floor, food, outer walls and inner walls. To do this I created an empty game object and gave it a sprite renderer component. With this component I selected I selected the first floor sprite then dragged the object into the prefabs folder. I repeated this step for all of the other sprites it took some time as where around 20-30 different sprite images to do this with.


What I Learned:

     I learned how to start to work with sprites and 2D games, and how to create animations with different sprite frames.

What I'm Doing Next Day:

     Next day I will be writing the script for generating the playing board for the game which will be random every time under certain criteria.

No comments:

Post a Comment